Tel Aviv University welcomes students from its partner universities around the world to come and experience living and studying in the most vibrant city in Israel.
What is the application process?
If you would like to attend the Exchange Program at TAU, please see that your home university is listed among our partner universities.
In order to begin the application process, please first contact your own university's exchange coordinator.
For the general exchange program, you may apply online after being nominated by your Student Exchange Coordinator at your university.
Once you have been nominated, you will get all the information of how to proceed with the application.
Deadlines for Submitting Nominations
For Fall semester 2018-2019, June 15th
Deadlines for Submitting Applications
For Fall semester 2018-2019, June 30th
Which Documents Do I Need to Upload?
After your exchange at Tel Aviv University has been approved by your home university, you will need to apply online and upload the following documents (official university documents should be scanned):
- Official academic transcript in English
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic reference letter
- Nomination letter from your home university International Exchange Office
- Brief statement of purpose
- Photocopy of your passport, which needs to be valid for at least 6 months after planned arrival to Israel
- Current photo, in JPG format (not smaller than 30KB)
- For non-English-speaking-countries: Certificate of proficiency in English (either TOEFL or IELTS. The minimum scores are 89 for TOEFL and 6.5 for IELTS.
- Copy of comprehensive health and travel insurance coverage, valid in Israel for the entire duration of your stay.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Hebrew (only for students who wish to take courses that are taught in Hebrew)
- Only relevant for PhD students: PhD students who come to TAU to conduct research are required to submit a letter of invitation from a faculty member at TAU.
Please inform the Office of International Academic Affairs about any changes (uploads of new documents or changes in existing ones) via email.
What Happens Next
The exchange (the general program) will be handled by the Office of International Academic Affairs at Tel Aviv University. Once registered at TAU, the office coordinators will be glad to assist you with matters of registration and entry visas, and shall do their utmost to provide assistance with any further arrangements.